I thought I would share with you mine and my wifes top 5 favourite must haves for new parents, these are all things that have helped me and my wife out alot in the last two years of our parenting journey.
“I came to parenting the way most of us do, knowing nothing and trying to learn everything”-Mayim Bialik
When we were planning for the arrival of our first child, everybody kept telling us we needed to make a list of essentials. we had no idea where to begin, how are you you supposed to know what you need? We had never done this before! So what’s the first thing you do when you have a question that needs answering? You turn to the internet.
We began seaching for lists of recomendations of products for first time parents. Its fair to say there are A LOT out there. Whats the best brand? we looked through hundreds of reveiws to try and find the best quality, for a good price. So we wanted to come up with our own list of MUST HAVES.
We have choosen these products because we truly believe they have 1. Made our lives so much easier and 2. They really were worth the money.
So here’s our top 5 must haves:
1. Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Day & Night.
This one is definitely my personal favourite on the list, with all the safet regulations and ways that bottle’s have to be made up these days in my opinion this is a MUST HAVE. It takes just 2 minutes to prepare the bottle to the correct temperature and volume. SAVES SO MUCH TIME.
When we first started out on our parenting journey we went down the route of boiling the kettle waiting for it to cool down to 70 degrees then mixing with the formula and then cooling to drinking temperature. This just didnt work for us as we wanted to do baby lead feeding and this process took about 40 minutes in all, by this time our baby was past the point of gentle hand chewing and lip smacking, it was full scream mode.
- Bottle is fully prepared and ready to go withing two minutes to perfect temperature and volume.
- Water is ran through a filter which removes bacteria.
- Works with all formula brands and most bottles (personally i recommend MAM bottles as these helped a lot with my sons reflux).
- Digital display which walks you through everything you need to do within regards to preparing bottles and cleaning machine.
If you want to take a look at the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Day & Night, here is the link.
2. MAM Electric Baby Bottle Steriliser.
We tried various different brands of bottle sterilisers before getting to this one, none of which lasted long. This peice of kit is well made, nice and sturdy, has more features than you could possibly use. Its super simple and easy to set up.
- Compact Design – can be used as an electric steriliser, microwave steriliser, cold water steriliser, food and bottle warmer and breast milk defroster.
- Fast Warming – Need your newborn bottle set ready in a hurry? It only takes two and a half minutes to heat formula milk or several minutes to warm food/breast milk.
- You also get some bottles and soothers with it as well which I highly recommend, we had to switch from various other brands as my son had reflux, the MAM bottles helped out a lot.
If you want to take a look at the MAM Electric Baby Bottle Steriliser here, is the link.
3. Lollipop baby camera.
Okay so this one is something we have got hold of recently and wished we had got one sooner. We have had a few different baby cameras but none of them have been as versitile as this one.
Usually you have to find something to balance them on, and the night modes we havent found to be very clear, but on the lollipop camera the picture quality is excellent and really easy to find a suitable place to install as the handle is flexible and wraps around most things. We use it to pick up the whole room (its currently fixed to the curtain pole) as my son sleeps in our bed and my daughter sleeps in the cot at the end of the bed, so its perfect for keeping an eye on both of them. The camera is a little pricey but is definitely worth the money.
- Lollipop baby camera is compatible with both iOS and Android systems. So setting up the camera is fast and easy! Simply connect the baby camera to your phone using the app Lollipop. (can be used over WIFI and mobile data).
- Advanced inferred night vision.
- Detects babys crying and movement.
- Flexible handle so can be wrapped around and installed virtually anywhere in room.
If you want to take a look at the lollipop camera, here is the link.
4. Ewan The Dream Sheep.
Ok so this one is on the list because if there is one thing i cannot stress enough it’s the use of ‘white noise‘ as a sleep aid for your babies. If your unsure what white noise is, it’s a constant static noise, remember like that noise that used to come from an old TV when it was on that fuzzy white screen?… This little sheep also plays real womb and heartbeat sounds as well, this makes your newborn feel safe as that’s all they have heard for the last 9 months!
My son Elijah is 22 months now and we still use white noise to settle him, it’s got to the point now where it even settles me to sleep!
- REAL WOMB AND HEARTBEAT SOUNDS.
- White and pink noise machine.
- 3 further mesmerizing sounds including Rainfall, Harp Melody Music and Vacuum Cleaner.
- Comforting night light
- Portable and great to use on the go
If you want to take a look at Ewan the dream sheep, here is the link.
5. Fisher-Price Roaring Rainforest Jumperoo.
Ok so to finish off and round up the list of our five must haves, is something a little more fun! This jumperoo activity centre has seen us through two babies! once they start bouncing they dont stop. This literally kept both my babies entertained for ages. My daughter still uses this daily at the age of 9 months, there are lots of other activities other than jumping also all rolled into one package! WHO DOESN’T LOVE TO BOUNCE!
- Rainforest has music, lights and sounds to reward and encourage every bounce and jump that baby makes.
- The seat spins 360 degrees so baby can discover all around them.
- The seat is also removable and washable (this came in handy with my first born as he had reflux and was sick a lot).
- Adjusts to three different heights as baby grows.
- Bouncing helps strengthen baby’s gross motor skills.
If you would like to take a look at the Fisher-Price Roaring Rainforest Jumperoo, here’s the link.
That’s our list rounded up, thanks for reading and if you are new parents good luck in your journey of parenthood! If you have any questions on any of the products above feel free to contact me.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- One-Year-Old Keeps Waking At Night-5 Reasons why
- Should I Leave My Baby Alone With Dad?
- Dad and Newborn baby bonding tips
- How to maintain a healthy relationship
- A dad’s mental health